Benson Memorial Gallery
The Benson Memorial Statue at the south end of Beaumont Street and the Benson Memorial Gates to the Abbey Grounds are shown in the photos in this gallery. Note that a number of terms may be used for these Memorials, such as Benson’s Monument and Benson’s Memorial, for instance in the titles on postcards. The captions for photos have tried to use just the terms in bold above.
Further explanation of the overall information that a Gallery shows can be found by clicking here (opens in a new tab in your browser).
This gallery displays thumbnails of the images in the gallery:
- Shows additional images as you scroll down
- Hover over a thumbnail on a computer (or the equivalent on a touch-screen device) to see the caption associated with that image
- Click on a thumbnail to see the full image, and to enable you to view the sequence of full images
- Close a full image via the white cross at top-right
- Click here to view the Gallery
There may be other galleries in the Photo Archive related to this gallery. Click here to go to the section containing links to Related Galleries.
A collection of links to information related to this gallery. Click here to go to the Additional Resources section.
The Beaumont Street and Battle Hill galleries may contain additional photos of the Benson Memorial statue and gates. Click on a button below to open a gallery.