A gallery of photos of the Hydro, particularly from its time as the Hydropathic Hotel but also in its later role as part of the Queen Elizabeth Grammar School complex.
Further explanation of the overall information that a Gallery shows can be found by clicking here (opens in a new tab in your browser).
This gallery displays thumbnails of the images in the gallery:
- Shows additional images as you scroll down
- Hover over a thumbnail on a computer (or the equivalent on a touch-screen device) to see the caption associated with that image
- Click on a thumbnail to see the full image, and to enable you to view the sequence of full images
- Close a full image via the white cross at top-right
- Click here to view the Gallery
There may be other galleries in the Photo Archive related to this gallery. Click here to go to the section containing links to Related Galleries.
A collection of links to information related to this gallery. Click here to go to the Additional Resources section.
The QEHS Gallery may contain additional photos of the Hydro building in its use for the school. Click on the button below to open that gallery.
Northumberland County Council have a number of documents relating to the new build planning permission (listed building consent 19/03999/LBC) for the QEHS site. These documents include photos of the Hydro building and its interior.
Additional resources links will open in a separate tab in your browser: