Broadgates Chapel Gallery
Independents, Ebenezer Chapel, The Fold, Broadgates
- 1790: Independents wanted free self-governing congregations, opposed to any connection between church and state.
- 1785: formed by Protestant Dissenters who met in Globe Inn yard.
- 1787: built this chapel.
- 1810: Sunday school founded, with the school at east end; later Dr. Joseph Parker was a teacher.
- 1812: floor of chapel boarded, gallery erected.
- 1825: vestry added.
- 1852: Sunday school room doubled in size.
- 1869: closed when congregation, then called Congregationalists, moved to Hencotes Congregational Church. Later a steam-operated corn mill, now named Broadgates House and is a retail premises.
Further explanation of the overall information that a Gallery shows can be found by clicking here (opens in a new tab in your browser).
This gallery displays thumbnails of the images in the gallery:
- Shows additional images as you scroll down
- Hover over a thumbnail on a computer (or the equivalent on a touch-screen device) to see the caption associated with that image
- Click on a thumbnail to see the full image, and to enable you to view the sequence of full images
- Close a full image via the white cross at top-right
- Click here to view the Gallery
There may be other galleries in the Photo Archive related to this gallery. Click here to go to the section containing links to Related Galleries.
A collection of links to information related to this gallery. Click here to go to the Additional Resources section.
Click on a button below to open that gallery.
Additional resources links will open in a separate tab in your browser:
- None as yet