Hextol Court Gallery
This gallery contains photos of Hextol Court which was a Convalescent Home in the early 1900s.
- 1892 Plans for convalescent home submitted on behalf of the Cathedral Nurse and Loan Society by Messrs. Johnson & Hick, Architects, Newcastle upon Tyne
- 1893 September 26th Convalescent home opens
- 1914 Became the 3rd Northumberland Voluntry Aid Detachment hospital, with an annexe in nearby Cotfield House.
- 1929 Proctor Memorial Convalescent Home
- 1933 Became Hexham Nursery & Child Welfare
- 1941 Run during the war by the Ministry of Defence and used as offices
- 1947 Converted to flats by Mr Lishman
Further explanation of the overall information that a Gallery shows can be found by clicking here (opens in a new tab in your browser).
This gallery displays thumbnails of the images in the gallery:
- Shows additional images as you scroll down
- Hover over a thumbnail on a computer (or the equivalent on a touch-screen device) to see the caption associated with that image
- Click on a thumbnail to see the full image, and to enable you to view the sequence of full images
- Close a full image via the white cross at top-right
- Click here to view the Gallery
There may be other galleries in the Photo Archive related to this gallery. Click here to go to the section containing links to Related Galleries.
A collection of links to information related to this gallery. Click here to go to the Additional Resources section.
Click on a button below to open that gallery.
Additional resources links will open in a separate tab in your browser:
- None as yet