War Memorial Hospital Gallery
This gallery contains photos of the War Memorial Hospital off Eastgate.
- 1921: St Wilfrid’s House, originally the home of Jasper Gibson, it was purchased by public subscription and converted to the War Memorial Hospital.
- 1998: demolished and site converted to Gibson Fields housing.
Further explanation of the overall information that a Gallery shows can be found by clicking here (opens in a new tab in your browser).
This gallery displays thumbnails of the images in the gallery:
- Shows additional images as you scroll down
- Hover over a thumbnail on a computer (or the equivalent on a touch-screen device) to see the caption associated with that image
- Click on a thumbnail to see the full image, and to enable you to view the sequence of full images
- Close a full image via the white cross at top-right
- Click here to view the Gallery
There may be other galleries in the Photo Archive related to this gallery. Click here to go to the section containing links to Related Galleries.
A collection of links to information related to this gallery. Click here to go to the Additional Resources section.
c1920: Hexham and District War Memorial Hospital. Monochrome; St Wilfrid's House, converted by 1921
c1920: St Wilfrid's House, converted to Hexham War Memorial Hospital by 1921
1921: St Wilfrid's House, Prince Henry and others at opening of Hexham War Memorial Hospital
c1960: The Story of Hexham General Hospital. Postcard celebrating the hospital (blurred image)
1981: Iron hand pump in grounds of the War Memorial Hospital
1992: St Wilfrid's House, Hexham War Memorial Hospital
1993: Nurses home to S of Hexham War Memorial Hospital
1994: Iron hand water pump in grounds of Hexham War Memorial Hospital
1994: Hexham War Memorial Hospital, S elevation
1998: Iron hand pump in grounds of the War Memorial Hospital
2001: Plaque to demolished Hexham War Memorial Hospital
The Gibson Fields development now occupies the site if the War Memorial Hospital. Click on a button below to open that gallery.
Additional resources links will open in a separate tab in your browser:
- None as yet