Answer July 2023
Click on the images above to see a full-sized image
The clue photo (on the left above or first image) is of the south end of Fore Street W side in 1959, during the demolition of No 39 (Hogarths?) and No 41 HL Bonney Gifts. The “hole” after the demolition is shown in the centre (or second) image as viewed from St Mary’s Chare, with the tall brick gable end of No 37 on the left-hand side. The final image is of the replacement buildings in 1991.
Other images of Fore Street are available in the Fore Street gallery.
Any comments – please add them below.