Renewing Your Membership
If you are renewing your membership (at the start of the calendar year), all that is required is to get your membership payment to us. Unfortunately, you cannot use the HLHS web site to transact any such payments, but there are a number of options open to you:
- If you pay by Standing Order, you don’t need to do anything. Your bank will transfer the membership fee to the HLHS, and when we receive notification of the transfer we will update your account. As that pesky furry creature on TV says: “simples”.
- If you would like to start paying by Standing Order, you have to complete a mandate form and send it to your bank. You can specify a first payment and indicate the renewal date on which subsequent payments should be made (usually 1 January). There is a blank mandate form as part of the downloadable membership application form available for downloading by clicking here.
- Direct bank transfer: Use your online banking app to make the payment to the HLHS. The details of the account to which you need to make the transfer are:
- Pay to Account name: Hexham Local History Society
- Sort Code: 20-40-09
- Account Number: 40483710
- Cheque payments: Please make your cheque payable to Hexham Local History Society (the bank requires those exact words) and get it to the membership secretary (details on the Contact Us page) or give it to her at one of the Tuesday talks.
- Cash: The membership secretary will be pleased to take your payment at one of the Tuesday talks.