This gallery contains photos of Gilesgate, including some of Circle Place, Garland Place and Giles Place.
Further explanation of the overall information that a Gallery shows can be found by clicking here (opens in a new tab in your browser).
This gallery displays thumbnails of the images in the gallery:
- Shows additional images as you scroll down
- Hover over a thumbnail on a computer (or the equivalent on a touch-screen device) to see the caption associated with that image
- Click on a thumbnail to see the full image, and to enable you to view the sequence of full images
- Close a full image via the white cross at top-right
- Click here to view the Gallery
There may be other galleries in the Photo Archive related to this gallery. Click here to go to the section containing links to Related Galleries.
A collection of links to information related to this gallery. Click here to go to the Additional Resources section.
The Market Street and Holy Island galleries may contain additional views of Gilesgate. The Haugh Lane gallery may contain views of the rears some of the properties on Gilesgate. The Community Centre, Hadrian House, Hexham House, Old Swimming Pool, and the Tannery pub are all on Gilesgate. Click on a button below to open that gallery.