Hallstile Bank Gallery
Photos of Hallstile Bank are in this gallery.
Further explanation of the overall information that a Gallery shows can be found by clicking here (opens in a new tab in your browser).
This gallery displays thumbnails of the images in the gallery:
- Shows additional images as you scroll down
- Hover over a thumbnail on a computer (or the equivalent on a touch-screen device) to see the caption associated with that image
- Click on a thumbnail to see the full image, and to enable you to view the sequence of full images
- Close a full image via the white cross at top-right
- Click here to view the Gallery
There may be other galleries in the Photo Archive related to this gallery. Click here to go to the section containing links to Related Galleries.
A collection of links to information related to this gallery. Click here to go to the Additional Resources section.
The Alemouth Road, Hallgate and Market Place galleries may show additional views of Hallstile Bank. Town views from the Moot Hall and Old Gaol roofs galleries, and in the Misc. Hexham Town Views gallery in photos across the Wentworth car park, may have additional views of Hallstile Bank. Photos of the Black Bull pub that was at the top of Hallstile (or Bull) Bank are in the Misc. Hexham Pubs gallery. Click on a button below to open that gallery.
Additional resources links will open in a separate tab in your browser:
- Hexham Historian 29 (2019)
- A supplementary PDF document by Hugh Dixon to his paper in the above HH29 is available by clicking here
- Architectural features of some of the Hallstile Bank buildings are described in John Chapman’s A Walk Back In Time (2nd edition 2019).